Choose Quality Care with Confidence
The Springlawn Group of Care Homes was established in 1988 with the vision of creating a friendly, welcoming and person-centred environment which makes clients feel at home at all times. The ultimate aim was to avoid having an institutional or clinical feel to the nursing and residential homes. So, all of our homes boast beautifully kept bedrooms and living areas, as well as tidy, spacious exterior gardens and courtyards which are accessible to all residents. Springlawn Group homes provide the highest standards of nursing and dementia care in a pleasant and welcoming environment.
Our Quality Promise
- We aim to provide quality care to all our residents and use pre-admission assessments to plan for each individuals care and their specific needs before they join us
- We draw on and consider the knowledge and expertise of home carers and relatives when planning admissions and meeting individual needs.
- Staff work hard to build therapeutic relationships which enhance the care experience of the residents and also any family who are visiting the home.
How it Started…
It all began in 1988, when we opened Knockmoyle Lodge in the rural hinterland of Omagh. It was the first home developed by the Springlawn Group, and made us aware of the growing need for quality residential care in the Omagh area. Then in 1990, we opened Springlawn House on the Dromore Road in Omagh town.
Hillview Lodge opened in 1992, followed two years leater by Hillside Residential. Then our newest facility, Hillside Residential, opened in 2017.
Our philosophy is to provide the highest level of care while helping residents maintain their independence and enhance their quality of life. Individualised care plans enable us to efficiently meet diverse needs. Our caregivers always treat residents with respect and compassion.
We have an “open visiting” policy and family members are encouraged to be involved in care of their relatives if they wish to.
Key service areas…
We work hard to ensure all of our staff maintain and develop their skills so that our clients get the care they need. All of our care assistants receive training which includes skills such as:
- Dementia Care
- Health and Safety
- Manual Handling
- Fire Safety
- Food Safety
- Infection Control
- Working with Vulnerable Adults
In addition to their normal professional skills, our nursing staff also have a range of skills covering areas such as:
- Assessment and Care Planning
- Managing Care Teams
- Pain Management
- Sleep Management
- Dementia Care
- Long-term Conditions
- Managing Acute Ill Health
- Resident Safety
- End of Life Care
- Cultural and Spiritual Needs of Residents
- Policy and Procedures
- Quality Improvement and Evidence Based Practice